Saturday, July 12, 2008

Movies & Mosquitoes

For many, many years, it's been a dream of mine to have a home theater. My ideas have ranged from insanely overdone (then) to mod-space age chic (then/still kinda now) to basically just having a hidden projector & sound system & a blank wall in my living room (now). And almost as long, I've wanted to have the ability to watch movies outside. Like a private drive-in for me & my friends. In fact, just today I was thinking, "I wanna watch a movie outside..."

Then Domino Magazine comes in the mail & has this little feature:


So now I am more determined than ever. All I really need is a projector. One of those isn't in my budget any time soon but I'll get there. Here's a list of my outdoor movie essentials:
  • portable projector
  • portable sound system
  • DVD player
  • comfy chairs (the more loungey the better)
  • blankets (for chill pills or for snuggling)
  • a couple of throw pillows (the more comfy the better)
  • snacks (popcorn & candy for old skool nights / cheese plate & crudite to make it fancy)
  • beverages (water, beer, martinis)
  • a non-stinky bug spray & lots of citronella candles or oil lamps
  • puppies (to walk in front of the projector and make us giggle)
Here are my top 10 movies (Trilogy = 1 in my movie math) to watch under the stars:
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's
  • The Philadelphia Story
  • Duck Soup
  • E.T.
  • The Star Wars Trilogy
  • The Bicycle Thieves
  • A Hard Day's Night
  • The Great Muppet Caper
  • The Royal Tenenbaums
  • Annie Hall
And 10 more... :-D
  • Marie Antionette
  • Lost in Translation
  • Amelie
  • Barefoot in the Park
  • The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
  • Badlands
  • Shampoo
  • Groundhog Day
  • The Cannonball Run
  • Cinderella

No comments: